2023 Canada Games Sport Committee
We are looking to fill four roles on the Ringette Sport Committee for the 2023 Canada Winter Games! Applicants do not have to have experience with ringette but volunteer work with a large scale event would be an asset! Please see the links below for more info on the four roles that must be filled.
2023 Sport Organizing Committee (SOC)
Core team of volunteers recruited to lead the execution of each sport. Team consists of the Sport Lead, and four other roles.
1. Results Representative:
- Main liaison between competition venue and Main Results Centre (MRC)
- Recruit sport specific result Minor officials where needed
- Gather competition results from NSO & Officials, enter data into Canada Games software (GEMS.pro).
- Familiarity with technology is very important.
2. Officials Representative:
- Working closely with the sport coordinator this role is responsible for ensuring all minor official roles are filled and scheduled.
- Familiarity with the sport and minor official roles is a necessity.
- Main point of contact for everything to do with minor officials and shift scheduling.
- Oversee and lead minor official recruitment, ensuring qualified and capable people are recruited for each role.
3. Sport Production Representative
- Work closely with the venue ceremonies team.
- Sport Announcers: recruit/train sport announcers (both languages required, 1 or 2 people) This may be provided by the NSO.
- Provide Spectators with relevant sport info.
- Work to create energized atmosphere and add in their own creative flare (e.g. Athlete/Team Introductions)
4. Equipment Representative:
- One per sport.
- Working with the Sport Coordinator to ensure all equipment required is accounted for and delivered to the venue.
- Coordinate sport equipment movement. i.e. arrival of equipment from the airport.
- On-site contact for any and all equipment related questions or concerns.
If you are interested in any of the roles please send your name, contact info, as well as relevant experience to the Ringette PEI office at email@example.com